Here are some of the burning questions that will be answered in this blog.
- Will I be the only Filipino in town? (Per Wikipedia, as of the 2010 census, there were 1.6% Asian and 0.1% Pacific Islanders, and only 1.5% being of two or more races)
- Will I be known as “the old mom”?
- Where will we live?
- Will I be able to find chicken katsu? pho? organic frozen yogurt? coconut rice?
- Will the local coffee shop figure out how to make a macchiato to my liking? (And when they do, will the baristas whisper whenever I walk in?)
- What about my music?
- Will I successfully lobby city hall to: approve a composting program, start an anti bottled water public service campaign, ban styrofoam and smoking, and upgrade the public school lunch program? (You think I’m kidding. I’ve already bookmarked a page called,”start municipal composting in your town“)
- Will I then be known as the “crazy hippie lady”?
- Will I finally learn how to ride a bike?
- Will I wear fur? (Everybody’s doing it and I sort of really want to) Lilly Pulitzer? Loafers?
- Will I crash my car after the first snowfall?
- Will I join a shooting range, garden club or both?
Add a question in the comments section and I will be sure to address it in a future post!