I’ve been living in Grosse Pointe for a little over two weeks now. Here are twelve things I’ve learned so far…
1. The Starbucks in the Village makes a better dry cappuccino than any San Francisco branch. (milk foams better here, too. humidity levels?)
2. Every second car is an SUV or truck. Every 20th car is a cop car. Every 50th car is foreign.
3. An unexpected snowstorm in April is magical, revitalizing and cathartic.
4. Detroit-style pizza is going to be the death of me. (If I can’t fit into my swimsuit this summer, I blame you, Buddy’s!)
5. I can make a perfect grilled cheese on an electric stove. Sushi rice, not so much. Pork cutlets, a struggle. Stove = 2, Me = 1.
8. Squirrels are creepy.
9. Japanese beetles are not ladybugs (and they are all over the apartment. and also creepy).
10. A quarter will get you anywhere from 20 minutes, to and hour and 15 minutes, at a meter (and look at them!).